Thursday, May 10, 2018

How far you've come with butterflies

Ah, Distress Oxide inks, butterflies, and Quietfire stamp - the card just practically make themselves... and I made 3!  I found this Recollection Butterfly Confetti die at Michaels and though I don't need any more butterfly dies (need - no, want - yes) I got it anyway because I loved the shapes and sizes that were in the die. 

I made a rainbow swatch over half a sheet of cardstock in a diagonal pattern and then die cut the butterflies out twice.  Once over the red/orange/yellow area and then another from the blue/greens.  The butterflies were arranged so they swirled around the quote.  I could not decide if I liked the black card base or the white and I didn't have to decide since I had enough butterflies for two cards. Nice, eh?




From the negative, I made another quick card using the You Are die.  Tune in tomorrow to see the other negative piece where I got the reds/orange/purple butterflies that I used.



On the inside, I can add stamps or dies to finish the sentiment.  Quietfire has a ton to choose from - see some below!

You are... brave, beautiful, amazing, family, a blessing fun...


The Only Time - Mounted


You Are Perfect - Metal Cutting Dies

Amazing Beautiful - Metal Cutting Dies 

Be Brave Bold Yourself - Metal Cutting Dies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!